Multi Skilled Shift Engineer
We have an exciting vacancy for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer - with an electrical bias based in Bedford. Working collaboratively with others to maintain and achieve stakeholder satisfaction, quality standards and high levels of operational performance on all site machinery and plant.
You will be great at:
- Fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems. To include: - Pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, valves, mixers, pressure systems, refrigeration units
- Collaboration with the production/technical teams to resolve engineering issues in a controlled/logical and professional manner
- Methodically diagnosing machine and system faults on production equipment
- Reliable with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Accurate with a good attention to detail
- A team player with a willingness to assist colleagues
- Able to work to deadlines and follow instruction
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and determined to adapt to new engineering equipment and challenges with the working environment
- A minimum of 3 year’s multi-skilled engineering maintenance experience ideally gained within FMCG or high speed/volume production environment
- Proven experience of mechanical, electrical, PLC’s and an understanding of control systems
- Formal training in any Continuous Improvement/LEAN techniques would be advantageous
- Experience of using a CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- We are operating a continental shift pattern with 7 days off in every 14-day cycle - we are a 24/7 operating bakery, 12-hour shifts covering days and nights, weekdays/weekends, on a two-week Rota. Shift patterns 4 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 4 days off. Shifts start times are 6am or 6pm.
- Flexibility is required in this role due to the 24/7 operations at Lantmannen Unibake UK Ltd and the potential need to cover other members of the team – this may include working 12 hour shifts over days/nights/weekends.