Quality Assurance Manager Brussels
Have an appetite for more?
Join a leading global bakery group powered by ambitious people that are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do.
With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
In order to reinforce our site team in Brussels/Ganshoren, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager.
Our production site in Brussels (Ganshoren) is an established value in our cluster. Thanks to the support and commitment of our 50 employees, they have developed themselves into a very efficient and versatile production site. Regarding the introduction and scale-up of new products, they are an important counterpart for our R&D/NPD-team for example and are capable of producing many different product items in the most efficient manner.
This is what you will do
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the execution of the quality strategy to support the company strategy by the further development, implementation and monitoring of a consistent quality management system & culture within Lantmännen Unibake Brussels. He/she ensures the quality of the products, linked to the agreed quality level with the customer (both retailers as food service clients), thereby taking initiatives to optimize the overall satisfaction. The Quality Assurance Manager is an important HACCP-team member, responsible for Food Safety, Legality and the integrity of the products.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that quality and food-safe products are always produced and delivered, linked to the customer expectations. Optimizing customer satisfaction, by translating customer requirements on product quality into the quality system.
- Quality control mission: overseeing control activities during the production, the release of raw materials and critical items and the release of batches of finished products. Managing the production deviations using the systematic problem-solving tools, such as 8D and 5 why and secure the measuring devices are reliable.
- Setting quality objectives for the organization, monitoring progress and escalating when needed. You report the necessary data for the Quality Performance Indicators. You provide follow-up KPIs and reporting tools.
- Highlighting quality improvement areas to management and assists management in implementing the improvements. Responsible for on-going improvements to the methods and processes used by the quality department.
- Ensuring a correct analysis and follow-up of complaints and customer requirements linked to product quality, food safety and the associated actions and reports. You analyze quality issues with customers and suppliers and are responsible for the design and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions.
- Supporting the various departments through consultation, advice, training – thereby initiating and supervising improvement actions.
- Leading, inspiring and developing the quality department.
- Maintaining a strong quality and food safety culture through regular communication and awareness raising initiatives.
- Working in close collaboration with the Quality System Manager
- on enhancing GMP practices and implementing the systems and procedures that are necessary to comply with the applicable quality standards – such as BRC, IFS and customer standards.
- by supporting, challenging and continuously improving the existing quality system
This is what you need to succeed: Your “power skills” What we offer to you Sounds interesting? We will interview ongoing so please don’t hesitate to send your application by submitting your resume. If you have any questions about the position or recruitment process, please reach out to Els Magerman (Talent Acquisition Specialist). If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Pieter Olbrechts (Site Manager Brussels). We will treat your candidature with the highest level of confidentiality.
This is what you need to succeed:
Your “power skills”
What we offer to you
We will interview ongoing so please don’t hesitate to send your application by submitting your resume.
If you have any questions about the position or recruitment process, please reach out to Els Magerman (Talent Acquisition Specialist). If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Pieter Olbrechts (Site Manager Brussels).
We will treat your candidature with the highest level of confidentiality.