Engineering Project Manager
We have an exciting vacancy in our Milton Keynes bakery for an excellent Project Manager to manage the delivery of Engineering Projects across the UK sites in Milton Keynes & Bedford, with accountability for assigned environmental, H&S and performance standards.
You will be great at:
- Managing several concurrent projects across both sites in line with company standards and processes
- Appointing suppliers through tender processes, agreeing contract terms and conditions
- Working with Site Operations, Technical, Commercial & NPD departments to ascertain design criteria of new equipment & plant
- Completing pre-studies and engineering design reviews for strategic major projects. Draft capex proposals for approval
- Maintain stakeholder communication, reporting on project progress to group functions and UK leadership team
- Ensure project activities are carried out to specification and safely, overseeing contractor works on site
- Manage all aspects of project works – including Buildings, Electrical, Mechanical and Process
- Manage changes and updates to site CAD layouts
- Document progress of on-site installations, maintaining pictorial records & site diaries
- Self-motivated, flexible, with a keen sense of urgency and a desire to achieve results
- Someone who enjoys a mix of office & site-based work – getting stuck in when it’s needed
- A stickler for detail and good numeracy skills
- Able to uphold and demonstrate your own personal standards and that of the company throughout all your work
- Where this is not being achieved, able to confront the issue and resolve appropriately
- Able to communicate at all levels across the business
- Experience of managing multiple complex projects within a manufacturing environment, ideally within the food industry.
- Managing contractors & works as part of a larger installation within a production environment.
- Experience of a wide range of projects from new equipment installation, M&E services, utilities and building construction.
- Working knowledge of CDM-2015 regulations