We have an exciting vacancy for a Controls Engineer. Reporting to the Controls Engineering Manager, you will responsible for the programming and development of automation and controls systems to ensure the engineering design is robust and reliable. Acting as the site’s technical lead, the post holder will be well versed in fault finding control systems and be able to train out these skills to other engineers.
You will be great at:
- Organising automation, electrical and PLC design projects by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates and detailed documentation on project completion
- Identifying opportunities and making recommendations to improve and future proof plant performance utilising current control systems
- Commissioning of newly installed equipment
- Troubleshooting and analysing electrical, instrumentation and mechanical equipment and components, and recommending practical corrective actions
- Ensuring equipment is operating per specification at the completion of any intervention, that there is limited downtime, zero damage to critical plant equipment
- PLC & control stock items – audit, manage and ensure standardisation of components to minimise stock holding and increase spares availability
- Conscientious, self-driven and able to work proactively with minimal direction at times
- Strong at problem-solving and critical thinking
- Process driven with the confidence to take ideas forward and willingness to engage others in a collaborative environment
- Confident in challenging the status quo
- Time-served apprenticeship with HNC (or equivalent) desirable
- Ability to write PLC code
- Experience of designing, programming, and implementing control systems, working with PLC’s, HMI’s, AC Drives and Servo Controls. (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
Click on I'm interested!